- Red Wii Console
- Red Wii Remote Plus & Red Nunchuk
- New Super Mario Bros. Video Game
- Wii Sports Video Game
Includes Red Wii Console, Red Wii Remote Plus, Red Nunchuk, Wii Sports and New Super Mario Bros. Wii game pack. New Super Mario Bros. Wii – A classic Mario adventure that everyone can enjoy. This Sidescrolling Platformer for 1-4 players has a game rating of “E” w/Comic Mischief. Language is English, Spanish and French.
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. game franchise Nintendo is releasing a special, Wii gaming system bundle for the 2010-2011 holiday season. The bundle includes beautiful limited edition red versions of the Wii gaming console and the Wii Remote Plus controller, Nintendo’s new standard game controller for Wii that incorporates the strengths of the original Wii Remote and the Wii MotionPlus accessory all in one controller. In the spirit of the 25th anniversary being recognized, the bundle also includes a copy of the recent hit game New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The bundle contents are rounded out with a limited edition red Nunchuk controller and a copy of Wii Sports.
A Little Box With Plenty of Power
As with every console, much of the buzz about Wii revolves around its specs. The Wii boasts 512 MB of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports, and a slot for SD memory expansion. The system’s technological heart — a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named “Broadway” and a graphics chipset from ATI code-named “Hollywood” — deliver stunning performance. And instead of a tray, Wii uses a single, self-loading media bay that plays both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system, as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. An additional, and often overlooked, benefit of the Wii is that it uses a fraction of the power of other current gaming consoles on the market, saving energy and money both when it is on and off.
Red Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk Included
Wii is all about the motion controlled freedom and flexibility, and the new Wii Remote Plus Controller, included in this bundle in a matching red color scheme, is the new standard controller for the Wii gaming system. Combining the original accelerometer enabled motion-sensing abilities of the original iconic Wii Remote controller with with the expanded capabilities that were once only accessible through the Wii MotionPlus accessory, the compact Wii Remote Plus controller offers players precision motion controls all in one unit. Additional Wii Remote Plus controllers, in various other colors, are available for separate purchase and this new red console release will continue to support all previous Wii controller configurations. This console bundle also includes a matching red Wii Nunchuk, which adds an analog thumbstick and trigger buttons. Like all Wii console releases, the system allows for up to four controllers to be linked at a time and utilizes standard Bluetooth wireless technology.
Channels and Features for Everyone
More than just a game machine, Wii also provides a wealth of information and entertainment suitable for every member of the family via its system of on-screen channels and additional features. Some of those available include:
- Mii Channel – Miis are cute little caricatures you create to use as characters in a variety of Wii software. Store Miis on your Wii or load them onto your Remote and take them over to a friend’s house to use on their Wii.
- Everybody Votes Channel* – The Everybody Votes Channel is packed with national and worldwide polls. Answer interesting questions and have your say. Up to six members of your family can vote. Just choose an answer and check in later to see the results.
- News Channel* – Wii might be great for games, but you can also use it to get updates on the latest news from across the Internet organized into easy-to-browse categories.
- Forecast Channel* – Your Wii can automatically update you on the weather from around the globe.
- Wii Shop Channel* – Download the Opera web browser and access games from classic consoles from the past. All you need is a Wii Points account.
- Virtual Console – Every Virtual Console game you download from the Wii Shop Channel appears in the Wii Menu as a separate Channel ready to select and play any time you like.
- Wii Message Board – Leave or receive messages for other family members on the calendar-based message board or use WiiConnect24 to send messages to people outside your home.
- Internet Channel* – Just download the Opera browser and within minutes, you’ll be a professional sofa surfer, pointing-and-clicking your way around the web with your Wii Remote Plus.
- Photo Channel – Show off all your digital photos on your TV. Just insert an SD memory card into your Wii and away you go.
- Disc Channel – The Disc Channel is backwards compatible with Nintendo GameCube, so you can play all your new Wii discs, along with all your classic Nintendo GameCube discs too.
- Check Mii Out Channel – This is the place for Miis to mingle. You can show off your Mii creations and download Miis that others have created. You can also participate in Mii contests by creating and judging Miis for a specific contest theme.
- Nintendo Channel – This is your own interactive guide to what’s new in the world of Nintendo, including trailers, mini-documentaries, product demonstrations, gameplay videos and much more.
The Full Depth of the Nintendo Game Catalog
First and foremost Wii is a gaming console. In addition to the two games bundled in this console release, Wii also plays games developed specifically for it as well as fan-favorite games from Nintendo’s 20-year-old library. Its drive is compatible with GameCube discs, and select Nintendo titles from the original NES of the 1980s all the way through the Nintendo 64 are available for download through the “Virtual Console” for $5 and $10 respectively. To support this backwards compatibility the Wii includes four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers and two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. As if that weren’t enough, the Virtual Console will also make available a few titles from SNES console contemporaries, Sega Genesis and TurboGrafx 16.
Key Console Bundle Features
- Striking Hardware – Bundle extras include matching limited edition red Wii Remote Plus controller, Nunchuk and Wii console hardware.
- Two Great Games – Enjoy your own copies of both New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports, right out of the box.
- Intuitive Controls – Intuitive controls utilizing the physical motion of the Wii Remote Plus. Up to four Wii Remote Plus or standard Wii Remote controllers can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remotes and Nunchuk controllers include motion sensors. The Wii Remote Plus and Wii Remote controller also include a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within five meters of the screen.
- Wii Channels – The Wii Menu is the main gateway for a variety of easy-to-use, interactive multimedia, entertainment and communication functions.
- Memory Expansion and Ports – The Wii console has 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in wired and wireless broadband Internet capability. A bay for an SD memory card (sold separately) lets players expand the internal flash memory and launch downloaded games directly from the cards. In addition, the console contains four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers, two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards and an AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.
- WiiWare and Virtual Console – Along with games on disc, Wii owners gain access to a world of downloadable games via the WiiWare and Virtual Console game services using purchasable Wii Points.
- Parental Controls – Wii features easy-to-use parental controls that allow users to manage access to Wii game software based on the ESRB rating, restrict access to various channels, limit the ability of users to send and receive messages or prohibit the use of Wii Points in the Wii Shop Channel.
- True Streaming of Netflix Movies – Stream movies instantly through your Wii, now without the need for a Netflix disc. (Netflix unlimited account and suitable broadband connection required)
Simultaneous Multiplayer Comes to Super Mario Bros.
Developers at Nintendo have dreamed of creating a simultaneous multiplayer Super Mario Bros. game for decades. The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyone with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Supporting 2-4 players in side-scrolling co-op and competitive platforming action, and featuring a mix of fan favorites and new characters, new power-ups and various input options via the Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus, it is destined to become an instant classic in one of the most beloved game franchises of all-time.
Key Game Features
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.
- Supports 2-4 players in multiplayer mode.
- Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies – or their fellow players.
- In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.
- New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.
- At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, the coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.
A Sports Party in Every Box
One of the most popular Wii party games of all time, Wii Sports offers five distinct sports experiences, each using the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus controller to provide a natural, intuitive and realistic feel. Players can use their own Mii caricatures in the game and play them against their friends’ Miis for a more personalized experience. As players improve, their Miis’ skill levels will increase, so that they can see exactly how much better they’ve become.
Key Game Features
- Tennis (1-4 players) – Players grab the Wii Remote like a racket and swing – the game registers forehands, backhands, volleys, lobs, slices, spin and power depending on how fast the user swings and at what angle. Don’t worry about moving around the court to get to the ball – the game automatically moves players into position.
- Baseball (1-2 players) – Players grip the Wii Remote like a bat and swat fastballs out of the park, or fire a fastball over the plate with a flick of their wrist. Timing and bat speed will make all the difference between going yard and whiffing, so keep an eye on the ball and swing for the fences. In the two-player game, one player pitches and the other bats – all fielding and running is automatic, so that players can focus on the action.
- Golf (1-4 players) – Step up to the tee, hold the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus like a golf club and swing naturally to smack the ball onto the green. The harder players swing the club, the farther the ball will fly. Be careful, though – if players swing too hard, their ball will fly out of control, so they should be sure to take some practice swings before going for the pin. After reaching the green, line up putts carefully, practice the stroke and try to hole out.
- Bowling (1-4 players) – Players raise the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus in their hand just like a bowling ball, and then swing their arms to roll the ball. The speed of the swing and the angle at which they release the ball affects the ball’s spin, so it will take some practice to master control over the ball and knock down the pins.
- Boxing (1-2 players) – Using the Nunchuk controller as one glove and the Wii Remote / Wii Remote Plus as the other, players dodge, weave and punch their opponents. Players hold their hands high to guard their faces or low to block their torsos. They punch high to hit their opponents’ faces or low to get under their guard for a body blow. Swing both arms left or right to sidestep oncoming blows and move into position for a devastating knockout.
What’s in the Box
1-Nintendo Wii game console (red), 1-Wii Remote Plus controller (red), 1-Nunchuk controller (red), the original Wii Sports, New Super Mario Mario Bros. Wii, 1-wired sensor bar, 1-power cord, 1-standard composite cable, 1-console stand, 1-console manual.
* Access to some channels may require your Wii needs to be set up with WiiConnect24.