- Intel Atom N280 1.66GHz Processor
- 1GB DDR2 RAM
- 160 GB Hard Drive
- Windows XP Home, 5800 mAh 6-Cell Battery
- 10.1″ Display
Our affordable, super-compact 10.1-inch Toshiba mini NB205 is a stylish companion PC that raises the bar when it comes to portability. It’s also the first mini laptop that lets you enjoy all the benefits of today’s fast-moving digital world, putting you in touch with your favorite people, sites, networks and digital media in ways and places you never imagined. Though small enough to throw in a purse or bag, it’s designed with smart features like a full-sized keyboard and touchpad, long battery life, USB Sleep-and-Charge ports and a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data. So it picks up where smart phones leave off and makes many of today’s netbooks seem like a waste of time. What’s more, to take the worry out of taking it along, the Toshiba mini NB205 also comes with international limited warranty coverage, plus our award-winning service and support.
Small enough to throw in a purse or bag, the affordable, super-compact 10.1-inch Toshiba mini NB205 netbook–which weighs just under 3 pounds–is designed with smart features like a full-sized keyboard and touchpad, long battery life, USB Sleep-and-Charge ports and a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data. You’ll also get excellent battery life with the included six-cell battery that provides up to 9 hours of battery power–enabling you to go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge.
With up to nine hours of battery life the Toshiba mini NB205 lets you go through an entire day of school, work or errands without worrying about a recharge (see larger image).
The distinctively styled Toshiba mini NB205-N311/W features a textured finish with a Matrix pattern in Frost White that’s sure to capture attention.
Created especially for mobile devices, Intels 1.6 GHz Atom N280 processor uses an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry that helps reduce electrical current leakage in transistors–which means longer battery life when you’re on the go. It also includes the Intel 945GSE graphics chipset, which provides browsing the internet, emailing, running basic PC applications and enjoying online digital media.
This model of the Toshiba mini NB205 (NB205-N311/W) has a distinctively styled cover in Frost White, which is accented by a textured finish with a Matrix pattern. It features a 160 GB hard disk drive, 1 GB of RAM (upgradeable to 2 GB), 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), Bluetooth connectivity, Fast Ethernet, and a Secure Digital memory card slot. It comes preinstalled with the Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system, which offers more experienced users an enhanced and innovative experience that incorporates Windows Live features like Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging and Windows Live Mail for consolidated email accounts on your desktop.
- 10.1-inch LED backlit widescreen display (1024 x 600-pixel resolution) provides richer colors and clearer definition–perfect for browsing the internet
- 1.66 GHz Intel Atom N280 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- 160 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) with an impact sensor that helps safeguard your data by “parking” the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement. (Learn more)
- 1 GB of RAM (800 MHz; 1 memory slot; upgradeable to 2 GB)
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA950 with up to 251 MB of dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
- Webcam (0.3 megapixels) integrated into the bezel for easy video chats and teleconferencing
- Three USB Sleep-and-Charge ports allow you to charge your mobile phone and other devices even when the notebook is asleep or off.
- Full-sized keyboard (85 keys)
- Integrated Wi-Fi networking (802.11b.g) so you can communicate, browse and share while on the move
- Bluetooth connectivity for syncing smartphones and using headphone for online video chats and Internet telephony.
- Fast Ethernet wired networking (10/100)
- Built-in mono speaker
- Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system
- Up to 9 hours of battery life from included 6-cell battery
- Dimensions: 10.4 x 7.6 x 1.27 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.93 pounds
- Environmentally focused with RoHS compatibility (reducing its environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances), Energy Star 5.0 compliant, and EPEAT Gold compliant
- Warranty: 1 year warranty with international limited warranty coverage
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This Toshiba mini NB205 notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Atheros) that’s compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks as well as Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1 + EDR), which enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and mobile phones. It offers the following ports:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals–from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital (SD), Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), and MultiMediaCard (MMC)
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet
The right side of the NB205.
The left side of the NB205.
The front of the NB205.
What’s in the box
This package contains the Toshiba mini NB205-N311/W netbook, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software: Norton Internet Security 2009, Microsoft Works 9, Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, Toshiba PC Health Monitor
The Intel Atom processor uses a design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power–less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor–for excellent battery management. This 1.66 GHz Atom N280 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Hard Drive Protection
While the highly portable nature of mini-notebooks exposes them to the knocks and bumps that are an inevitable feature of life on the move, the Toshiba mini NB205 features a 3D-accelerometer monitoring system that detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations and protects the integrated HDD to secure against the loss of any personal data.
Toshiba Mini NB205-N311/W 10.1-Inch Frost White Netbook – 9 Hour Battery Life