- 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor
- 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory
- 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
- Windows XP Home (SP3), Up to 7.5 Hours of Battery Life (6-Cell 5200 mAh)
- 10.1-Inch WSVGA CrystalBrite LED Display, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
Acer Aspire One AOD250-1738 Netbook comes with these specs: Intel Atom Processor N270, Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3, 10.1-Inch WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite LED Display, Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset, Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, 1024MB DDR2 SDRAM Single Channel Memory, 160GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM), Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader, Acer InviLink 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Integrated Acer Crystal Eye Webcam, Two Built-in Stereo Speakers, Optimized Dolby Headphone Technology, Multi-gesture Touchpad, 3 – USB 2.0 Ports, 6-cell Li-ion Battery (5200 mAh), 2.79 lbs. | 1.27 kg (system unit only), AC Power Adapter, AC Power Cord, Wireless Setup Card, Registration/ Limited Warranty Card, McAfee Internet Security Suite (60-day trial), Diamond Black Color
Building on its line of popular Aspire One netbooks, Acer makes it even easier to stay productive while on the go with the larger 10.1-inch screen of the Aspire One AOD250. Improving on the previous AOD150 model, the chassis of the Aspire One AOD250 has been honed down to be more sleek and lightweight than its predecessor while still retaining its excellent near full-size keyboard and stylish signature black bezel surrounding the bright, glossy 10.1-inch screen.
A great choice for light-packing business travelers, the 10.1-inch Aspire One AOD250 comes with Windows XP Home, a 160 GB hard drive, and a 6-cell battery for up to 7.5 hours of battery life.
The sleekly designed Aspire One AOD250 weighs just 2.8 pounds (with 6-cell battery).
The integrated webcam and microphone makes it easy to connect with friends via video chats.
A great choice for students as well as business travelers who like to travel light, this Aspire One AOD250 model (AOD250-1738) in white has a 6-cell battery that provides up to 7.5 hours of battery life on the go and weighs 2.8 pounds. Designed especially for mobile devices, the 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor uses an innovative design structure and hafnium-infused circuitry, which reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to conserve energy.
You’ll be able to easily video chat wherever you roam thanks to the Crystal Eye webcam integrated into the LCD’s bezel, delivering smooth video streaming and high quality images even in low-light situations. And the built-in digital microphone delivers superior voice quality keeping background noise level low and minimizing echoes.
Packed with roomy 160 GB hard drive–great for storing a mobile digital audio and video library–this Aspire One also features 1 GB of installed RAM (1.5 GB maximum), 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g), multi-format memory card reader, multiple USB ports, and built-in email, web browsing, and digital media applications. In addition to this Seashell White model, the AOD250 also comes in Diamond Black, Ruby Red, and Sapphire Blue.
It comes preinstalled with the Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system, which offers more experienced users an enhanced and innovative experience that incorporates Windows Live features like Windows Live Messenger for instant messaging and Windows Live Mail for consolidated email accounts on your desktop.
- 10.1-inch LED-backlit CrystalBrite screen (1024 x 600 resolution) (Learn more)
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 processor combines performance and efficiency to explore the Internet and stay connected while mobile (Learn more)
- 160 GB hard drive (5400 RPM
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz; maximum capacity)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 video processor
- Crystal Eye webcam supports Acer PrimaLite technology, which consists of a premium sensor, firmware and lenses to provide superior video performance under low-light conditions. A built-in digital microphone helps keep background noise levels low and minimizes echoes.
- 84-key keyboard, 89 percent of standard-size with 12 function keys, WLAN switch
- 54g Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- VGA video output
- Stereo speakers and optimized Dolby Headphone technology for 5.1-channel audio
- Microsoft Window XP Home operating system
- Up to 7.5 hours of battery life with included 6-cell battery
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 7.2 x 1 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Warranty: One-year parts and labor limited warranty with concurrent International Traveler’s Warranty
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This Acer Aspire One notebook has an integrated 54g wireless LAN (Acer InviLink) that’s compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g networks and offers Acer’s SignalUp technology for enhanced antenna efficiency. It also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals–from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- Multi-in-1 memory card reader compatible with MultiMediaCard, Reduced-Size MultiMediaCard, Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO or xD-Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
What’s in the box
This package contains the Acer Aspire One AOD250-1738 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions
It also comes with the following software: McAfee Internet Security Suite (trial version); Google Desktop; Carbonite Online Backup; Customized Windows Internet Explorer 7.0; Acer GridVista
10.1-Inch CrystalBrite Screen
The 10.1-inch screen has a WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600) and support for up a 262K color depth. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, which uses shared video memory with the main memory. Acer’s CrystalBrite display technology guarantees the best possible visual experience by preventing the diffusion of surrounding light and internal ray. Compared to normal TFT LCDs, Acer CrystalBrite technology is able to read color coordinates more accurately, thus minimizing distortion and creating high-fidelity colors in all environments.
The Intel Atom processor uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and it uses just 2.5 watts of power–less than 1/10 of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor–for excellent battery management. This 1.6 GHz Atom N270 processor also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Acer Aspire One AOD250-1738 10.1-Inch White Netbook – 7.5 Hour Battery Life