- 1.3GHz Intel Pentium Ultra Low Voltage SU4100 Processor
- 3GB Memory
- 500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive
- 13.3″ LED-Backlit Display
- Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, *9 Hours 22 Minutes of Battery Life
The Satellite T135 Series are affordable, ultrathin laptops built for everyday life on the go. Toshiba’s thinnest and lightest Satellite models feature a power-efficient processor, making them ideal for students or fast-moving pros who demand a travel-friendly laptop with long battery life. Though sleek and light, the T135 Series deliver the performance you’d expect from a standard laptop—horsepower to handle the day’s tasks or evening’s entertainment, plus a great communications package to keep you effective, online and in touch. They also offer uncommon convenience, thanks to a suite of Toshiba “Smart” features, plus a comfort-driven, eco-focused design that includes a stunning Fusion Finish in Nova Red, White or Black.
Built for your everyday life on the go, the affordable Toshiba T135 laptop (model T135-S1307) with 13.3-inch screen is Toshiba’s thinnest and lightest Satellite model yet, offering the performance, flexibility and functionality you expect in a standard-sized laptop but in a highly portable and efficient package. Featuring a power-efficient Intel ultra-low voltage processor and Windows 7, the T135 powers up quickly from standby mode and provides energy saving enhancements that deliver up to 9 hours of battery life. It’s also been given a number of comfort-driven, eco-focused design elements that are capped by the stunningly stylish Fusion finish in Nova Black.
Learn more about Windows 7 Home Premium below.
Weighing just 3.9 pounds, the ultrathin Toshiba Satellite T135 features a 13.3-inch LED backlit screen and up to 9 hours of battery life (see larger image).
The stunning Fusion finish in Nova Black (see larger image).
The full-sized keyboard makes it comfortable for extended on-the-go typing (see larger image).
It comes pre-installed with the Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium operating system (32-bit version), supporting office applications and all the software programs routinely found in full-size notebooks. Windows 7 is the easiest, fastest, and most engaging version of Windows yet. Better ways to find and manage files, like Jump Lists and improved taskbar previews, help you speed through everyday tasks. Windows 7 is designed for faster and more reliable performance, so your PC just works the way you want it to. (Learn more about Windows 7 Home Premium below.)
The Satellite T135 is engineered to feature the comfort and convenience of a standard laptop yet in an ultra-thin package. It features a full-sized keyboard and full-sized touchpad with multi-touch capabilities, enabling greater flexibility to browse and control what’s happening on-screen with gesture commands–including two-finger pinch, swipe, rotate and scroll. It’s also been designed to be environmentally conscious with a power-efficient, mercury-free LED backlit display that also provides brilliantly colorful imagery for photos and video thanks to the native HD TrueBrite screen.
Thanks to the built-in webcam and Toshiba Face Recognition software on this machine, you’ll enjoy a more convenient way to communicate, log on or share your laptop among the family. Other Toshiba innovations include a hard drive impact sensor that protects your data and a USB Sleep and Charge port that enables you to charge electronics peripherals–like your cell phone or MP3 player–even when the laptop is turned off.
It’s powered by the dual-core Ultra Low Voltage (ULV) Intel Pentium SU4100 processor for advanced energy efficiency. Other features include a 500 GB hard drive, 3 GB of installed RAM (8 GB maximum), Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth connectivity (including stereo music streaming), integrated Intel GMA 4500M graphics (for up to 1340 MB of shared video memory), HDMI audio/video output, and multi-format memory card reader. Because of its size, the T135 does not include an optical DVD/CD drive, but an optional external drive can be connected via one of the three USB ports.
This Toshiba notebook is Energy Star 5.0 certified, and has received a Gold EPEAT designation for meeting standards to help reduce its environmental impact. Additionally, it is RoHS-compliant, effectively reducing the environmental impact by restricting the use of lead, mercury and certain other hazardous substances.
- 13.3-inch high-definition, LED-backlit TruBrite display for amazing color depth and clarity (Learn more)
- Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium. (Learn more)
- Get more features with Windows Anytime Upgrade. It’s the best way to add features to Windows 7, takes as few as ten minutes, requires no software or downloads, and you’ll keep your existing programs, files, and settings. Windows will walk you through the simple upgrade process.
- Energy efficient, dual-core 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium SU4100 processor with ultra-low voltage for extended battery life (Learn more)
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) with an impact sensor that helps safeguard your data by “parking” the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement. (Learn more)
- 3 GB of RAM (DDR3; upgradeable to 8 GB)
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M with up to 1340 MB of dynamically shared memory allocated by the system (Learn more)
- 1.3 megapixel with Face Recognition capabilities for added security (Learn more)
- Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for greater speed and range
- Fast Ethernet (10/100)
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones as well as enjoy wireless stereo music streaming (thanks to its embedded A2DP profile).
- Three USB ports with one Sleep and Charge port on the left side, allowing you to charge your mobile phone and other devices even when the notebook is asleep or off.
- HDMI-CEC audio/video output lets you control additional media players with just a single remote.
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Pre-loaded software includes Microsoft Works SE 9.0 for word processing and spreadsheet work. Enjoy a 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007.
- Full-sized 85-key keyboard with 10-key pad
- Enjoy proactive PC health–without the worry. For your peace mind, this laptop comes with an innovative PC Health Monitor that constantly keeps tabs on things like your machine’s power usage, temperature and hard drive–so you won’t have to.
- Up to 9 hours of battery life with 6-cell (5600 mAh) battery
- Dimensions: 12.7 x 8.78 x 1.35 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year warranty with international limited warranty coverage
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
With its integrated Draft-N Wi-Fi networking capabilities, this laptop provides up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range using 802.11n-compatible routers as you would with 802.11g networks. It’s also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found at Wi-Fi hotspots and in older home routers). It’s also outfitted with Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1 + EDR), which enables you to communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and mobile phones. You’ll also be able to stream music to compatible Bluetooth-enabled headphones and speakers thanks to the embedded A2DP profile. This notebook also provides Fast (10/100) Ethernet networking.
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals–from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Includes 1 eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep and Charge
- 1 HDMI output for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 5-in-1 memory card reader compatible with Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card
- 1 headphone jack, 1 microphone jack
- RJ-45 port for 10/100 Fast Ethernet
- RJ-11 port for 56K modem
The T135′s ports (see larger image).
What’s in the box
This package contains the Toshiba Satellite T135-S1307 notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions.
It also comes with the following software: Norton Internet Security 2009 (30-day trial), Toshiba PC Health Monitor, Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 Edition (60-day trial), Windows Media Player, Google Toolbar, WildTangent Orb Game Console
13.3-Inch High-Definition Display
This notebook has a 13.3-inch TFT display with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels (native 720p for high-definition viewing). It also provides TruBrite technology, which makes images brighter and more vivid thanks to its anti-glare feature. Video is powered by the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M, which uses shared video memory (up to 1340 MB allocated from the system memory). This graphics card is built with Intel Clear Video technology, which delivers clearer, more detailed images by eliminating many of the jagged edges and video artifacts seen when viewing interlaced content and features powerful color control to ensure videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out.
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. You can even watch, pause, rewind, and record TV. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
|Simplify everyday tasks||Work the way you want||Make new things possible|
New in Windows 7, Jump Lists take you right to the documents, pictures, songs, or websites you turn to each day. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. (You’ll also find them on the Start menu.) What you see in a Jump List depends entirely on the program. The Jump List for Internet Explorer 8 shows frequently-viewed websites. Windows Media Player 12 lists commonly-played tunes. Your Jump List missing a favorite? You can “pin” whatever files you like there. Jump Lists don’t just show shortcuts to files. Sometimes they also provide quick access to commands for things like composing new e‑mail messages or playing music.
Improved Windows Taskbar
In Windows 7 you can “pin” favorite programs anywhere on the taskbar for easy access. Not crazy about the icon lineup? Now you can rearrange them any way you like by clicking and dragging. Finally, there are new ways to preview windows. Point to a taskbar icon to see a thumbnail preview of open files or programs. Then, move your mouse over a thumbnail to preview the window full-screen. You can even close windows from the thumbnail previews–a big time saver.
Ever need to cut through a cluttered desktop and quickly focus on a single window? Just click a pane and give your mouse a shake. Every open window except that one instantly disappears. Jiggle again–and your windows are back.
Energy Efficient Intel Pentium Processor
Offering the latest in ultra-low voltage processing power, the dual-core Intel Pentium SU4100 has a has a power consumption rating of just 10 watts and a 1.3 GHz speed that’s paired with a fast 800 MHz front-side bus (FSB) and 2 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system’s performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
Designed for use in ultra-thin laptops to balance the competing needs of high performance with battery consumption, the Pentium SU4100 features Intel SpeedStep technology, helping your system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease power consumption and heat production. It also comes with built-in Execute Disable Bit technology, which helps keep your laptop safe from viruses, worms, and other malicious attacks.
Hard Drive Protection
While the highly portable nature of notebooks exposes them to the knocks and bumps that are an inevitable feature of life on the move, this Toshiba model features a 3D-accelerometer monitoring system that detects freefalls, shocks and vibrations and protects the integrated HDD to secure against the loss of any personal data.
Integrated Webcam with Face Recognition Capabilities
A 1.3 megapixel digital web camera built into the LCD’s bezel lets you quickly snap photos and participate in live video chats. The integrated webcam does more than just video chats. It includes Toshiba Face Recognition capabilities–the ultimate hands-free, hassle-free way to log onto your laptop. Just show your face to the webcam–no keeping track of hard-to-remember passwords and no unnecessary typing. And if you’re using one laptop for several users–say for the whole family or for a small business–Toshiba Face Recognition lets you switch profiles with one simple look.
Toshiba Satellite T135-S1307 TruBrite 13.3-Inch Ultrathin Black Laptop – 9 Hours 22 Minutes of Battery Life