- Eco-friendly messaging phone in dark silver with bottom-sliding full QWERTY keyboard; case made from 19 percent post-consumer recycled plastic
- Access to personal e-mail and corporate calendars; compatible with Family Locator service; 1xRTT data connectivity
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion to 32 GB; dedicated social networking and emoticon keys
- Up to 5.5 hours of talk time; released in June, 2010
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, Energy Star-qualified charger, battery door, quick start guide
Combining environmentally friendly materials, affordability, and advanced mobile communication features, the LG Remarq for Sprint is a chic messaging with a bottom-sliding full QWERTY keyboard, enabling fast posting to social networks and responses to text messages and e-mails. Designed partially with recycled plastics and packaging, the Remarq has a squarish design when closed that fits neatly in your pocket or purse.
The bottom-sliding full QWERTY keyboard
The LG Remarq’s outer case is made from 19 percent post-consumer recycled plastic.
You’ll be able to snap photos on the go with the 1.3-megapixel camera and upload them to social networking sites like Photobucket and Facebook. Other features include Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 16 GB, access to personal e-mail, access to corporate calendars, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
The LG Remarq and its packaging are designed with environmentally responsible components, including:
- The outer casing is made from 19 percent post-consumer recycled plastic and the handset as a whole is 87 percent recyclable. The device meets strict RoHS standards for restriction of hazardous materials such as lead, mercury and cadmium.
- The Remarq contains low levels of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and brominated flame retardants (BFR)–two materials commonly targeted on green electronics guidelines.
- Powered by an Energy Star-qualified charger that meets the energy-efficiency standards set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- The packaging is fully recyclable packaging featuring a brown craft paper exterior and made from 87 percent post consumer material (PCM). The phone tray inside the box is made from 100 percent PCM. The images and text on the box, as well as all in-box materials, are printed with soy ink.
- The paper manual has been replaced with an online user manual.
In addition, the LG Remarq comes pre-loaded with an innovative Eco Calculator application that allows you to calculate C02 reduction savings by walking or cycling as opposed to driving their car. The reduction is calculated in pounds of C02 or trees planted.
- 2.5-inch LCD screen (240 x 320 pixels; 262K color depth)
- Bottom-sliding full QWERTY keyboard makes messaging a snap.
- Social Network Message Key for sending quick updates to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or added social networks
- Dedicated Emoticon Key enables you to add a personal touch to each message with the touch of a button.
- 1.3-megapixel camera for still photos (no video capture capabilities).
- Sprint Picture Sharing enables you to capture memorable moments with pictures, and share them in an instant with family and friends. Send full-color digital pics to wireless phones on any network or e-mail addresses. Personalize pictures with text and voice notes. Create Picture Groups to easily share pics with multiple friends and family members simultaneously. Upload, share and store pictures with Photobucket, Facebook, and MySpace.
- MP3 player with 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Sprint Mobile Email provides simplified access to your favorite personal e-mail services including AOL, Yahoo!, Gmail –now with Google Calendar–and MSN/Windows Live Hotmail. Additionally, you can access many other e-mail providers through the software’s support of POP3 and IMAP.
- SMS and MMS messaging
- Mobile Web browser
- Wireless Backup to manage contacts list in the event that the phone is lost, stolen or damaged
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- One-touch speakerphone
- Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC) with a rating of T4
- TTY compatible
The LG Remarq weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 3.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches. Its 900 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA frequencies; 1xRTT Voice & Data Capable.
What’s in the Box
LG Remarq handset, rechargeable battery, Energy Star-qualified charger, battery door, quick start guide
- Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar: Have instant access to your work calendar almost anywhere. The Sprint Mobile Email Work Calendar tool lets you sync directly with your work calendar in Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Notes. Enjoy one-click access to your calendar, plus the ability to add new events and get reminders when they come up. The best way to stay connected virtually wherever you go.
- Sprint Family Locator: Locate family members anytime, anywhere from your phone or the Web without disturbing their activities. With Family Locator, you can locate your kids with interactive mapping, automatic Safety Check and a secure texting feature.