- Clamshell phone in sleek black with dual color LCDs, easy text messaging, and connectivity to your Facebook account
- Pay for only the calling time you use with Virgin Mobile’s minutes or monthly plans–no annual contract required
- Bluetooth connectivity for communication headsets, full-duplex speakerphone, jack for wired headsets, voice-activated dialing
- Up to 3.5 hours of talk time, up to 170 hours (7 days) of standby time; measures 3.54 x 1.85 x 0.78 inches (HxWxD)
- Includes: Battery and Charger
Dark and sleek with colorful dual screens, the LG Flare from Virgin Mobile is more than just a pretty face. In addition to clear voice communication, this svelte clamshell phone also offers text messaging and connectivity to your Facebook account as well as Web browsing. It’s also one of the first handsets available from Virgin Mobile with Bluetooth wireless connectivity for communication headsets. Other features include voice-activated dialing, a speakerphone, pre-loaded games, and Spanish language menus. It runs on the 1900 MHz CDMA network with Virgin Mobile’s prepaid service, which requires no annual contract.
Featuring a glossy piano-black face, the LG Flare features dual full-color screens, wireless Bluetooth communication, and easy text messaging.
Virgin Mobile Service
With Virgin Mobile, you pay only for the calling time you use. You can choose a plan that’s based just on minutes (with rates between 10¢ and 20¢ per minute) or a monthly plan with no annual contract (with select plans offering unlimited calling on weekends and after 7pm on weekdays). You can easily Top-Up your Virgin Mobile account right from your phone. First, buy a Top-Up card at one of the thousands of retailers that carry them; or register your debit card, credit card, or PayPal account at the Virgin Mobile USA web site in order to add minutes to your account directly from your phone.
Additionally, you can choose from a variety of mobile messaging plans, which includes text and picture messaging, email, and IM (via AOL and Yahoo!). Virgin Mobile USA’s national coverage is powered by the nationwide Sprint PCS network.
Virgin Mobile contributes 5 percent of profits from downloadable content to The RE*Generation, its pro-social initiative to help homeless teens, as well as provides postage-paid return envelopes in every new package for customers to recycle old phones.
Featuring a glossy piano black finish on the front of its clamshell body, the LG Flare also has a small, full-color LCD on the outside that displays battery life, signal strength, current time, and incoming calls/messages against a fiery red background. Flip the phone open to view its larger interior screen and keypad (with five-way navigation pad, send/end keys, soft keys, and dedicated volume and Web buttons).
Because the Flare is Bluetooth enabled, wireless communication headsets can be configured with the phone. It also supports up to 20 saved Bluetooth pairings–great if you use multiple Bluetooth headsets. And the phone incorporates a jack for an earphone as well as a full-duplex speakerphone for total hands-free operation.
Support for basic text messaging is built into the Flare, as is connectivity to Facebook and other social networking sites on your phone. A built-in wireless web browser lets you surf Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) 2.0 sites via the Virgin Mobile Web service. With VirginXL, you can access a variety of music, entertainment, and information services from your phone, as well as download ringtones and games (additional charges applicable). Other features include:
- Up to 500 contact entries
- Voice-activated dialing
- Six unique ringtones for incoming calls and three text message tones
- Choose a custom Ringback Tone for each of your callers to hear while they wait for you to pick up
- Real music ringtone support provides access to clips from hit songs (additional charges applicable)
- Vibration option for when you need to keep your phone silent
- Preloaded games include Pac-Man and Tetris
- Personal organization tools: calendar, alarm clock, note pad, tip calendar, and world clock
The LG Flare weighs 2.72 ounces and measures 3.54 x 1.85 x 0.78 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.5 hours of talk time, and up to 170 hours of digital standby time. It runs on the 1900 MHz CDMA frequency.
LG Flare Prepaid Phone